Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The future was in my evening ear.....


I don't expect to write much about music on this blog
unless it really hits a note (shit pun I know).
However after rolling around the city with the new Future Islands
album In Evening Air reverberating my ears and soul, I will have to admit that I
couldn't pass up the opportunity to preach the radness of this album to all who dare listen.
Incorporating elements of Tom Waits, Bowie, Joy Division or Gary Newman onto any album is going to help an albums cause.
But dropping all four into one album makes for some fucking swell
listening.
Im not going to give you a run down of the tracks or tell you about the band. I know i'll fuck it up. Instead I'm going to encourage you to rest the cynic inside who's screaming "it's just more gay indie shit". Throw caution (or a kite or rock or whatever your holding) to the wind and appreciate the throwback to the aforementioned collective of greats I heard while I was strolling the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment